Get Aesop’s Fables vol. 1 together with vol. 2 and save over £££ off your purchase!Buy Aesop's Fables Storybooks vol. 1 and 2
This value bundle contains 10 full-color specially-designed storybooks, along with a special redemption code to download the digital copies of the storybooks for use with Little Reader:
- The Lion and the Mouse
- The Fox and the Grapes
- The Boy Who Cried Wolf
- The Turtle and the Rabbit
- The Fox and the Crow
- The Ant and the Grasshopper
- The Goose that Laid the Golden Eggs
- The Dog and the Bone
- The Crow and the Jug
- The Wind and the Sun
- Recommended for early readers
- Books: 10 storybooks, paperback
- Packaging Dimensions: 19 x 15.6 x 1.4 in (48.25 x 39.5 x 3.5 cm)
- Shipping Weight: 2.8 lbs (45.5 oz or 1.3 kg)
About This Product
Several features make these storybooks quite unlike a traditional children’s storybook. Traditional storybook are great at helping parents tell a story, but much less so when it comes to teaching children to read.
When words and pictures compete for a child’s attention on the same page, the pictures invariably win out. What’s more, when parents point to words in traditional storybooks, they will often obscure the pictures – resulting in protests from the child.
These books have been specially designed to give your child all the fun of storybook time, while also teaching your child to read.
* Text and illustration presented on separate pages
* More spacing between words to make it easier to see words individually
* A blank flap extension to cover the illustrations as you direct your child’s attention to the written text
Step 1: Read the text with your child while the flap covers the illustration on the next page.
Step 2: Open the flap to reveal the illustration – explain the text with the help of the illustration and interact with your child as much as possible.
Step 3: Turn to the next page while replacing the flap to cover the next illustration.
It is helpful to run your fingers under the words as you pronounce them. By doing so, you indicate the direction of reading and make it easier for your child to follow the text, syllable by syllable. This in turn helps make apparent the correspondences between letters and sounds, and lays the foundation for a solid understanding of phonics.
The combination of this technique, these books’ design, and regular Little Reader lessons will have your child recognizing words and sounding out new ones in no time.
|About the Little ReaderStorybooks|
Recommended System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit)
- Intel Dual Core Processor or above
- 4 GB of system memory (RAM) or higher
- 120 GB hard drive with at least 10 GB of available space
- CD or DVD-ROM drive (Required for CD Installation)
- Audio output (Speakers)
- Audio input (Microphone)
- Internet access – Broadband highly recommended
|Creative Child Awards 2011 Media of the Year|
|McMamaA loving mom to 4 wonderful children||JesseStay at home mama to 5 blessings||AbbieMother, homemaker, and a teacher to her kids|